domingo, 24 de enero de 2010

Phenomenal Woman

I think that this poem is one of my favourite ones. I really enjoy reading ot in class.
One of the things I like of this poem is that it talks about all women in general, and we hav to be proud of that. Even though we are all different, we also have similarities.
I also loked the metaphors; I found some of them find of funny, for example:
Then they swarm around me
a hive of honey bees.
When I read this part I remembered one day of my life (I was like 11 years old), my mom and I went to Office Depot and we saw a very pretty woman and my mon told me to see the faces of the men (this is the part I remember most), they all were staring at her and some of them had their mouths opened. Then the woman asked for one of the workers if he could help her and he didn't pay attntion to what she asked him; she got upset and two workers went to see what was happening, then they help her to find I don't remember what. When she left one man was telling other "I don't know what we saw in that woman".
This poem also makes me see many other virtues that women have. For example Maya Angelou didn't give up and now she is a great writer, besides she was a singer.
I am proud of being a woman.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario